By Gregory C. Higgins
Read Online or Download Christianity 101: A Textbook of Catholic Theology PDF
Best catholicism books
Our woman of the Exile is a examine of Cuban-American well known Catholicism, targeting the shrine of Our girl Charity in Miami. Drawing on quite a lot of resources and utilizing either historic and ethnographic tools, the e-book examines the non secular lifetime of the Cuban exiles who stopover at the shrine. these pilgrims are different, and so are the causes that carry them.
Written via a private good friend of Cardinal Van Thuan, this relocating biography chronicles the lifetime of the fellow Pope John Paul II says was once ". .. marked by means of a heroic configuration with Christ at the move. "
In 1727, twelve nuns left France to set up a group of Ursuline nuns in New Orleans, the capital of the French colony of Louisiana. remarkable for founding a faculty that proficient all unfastened ladies, despite social rank, the Ursulines additionally ran an orphanage, administered the colony’s army clinic, and sustained an competitive application of catechesis one of the enslaved inhabitants of colonial Louisiana.
A well timed source for the various associations within the Catholic Church dealing with diminishment or looking rebirth and renewal. Arbuckle develops a cultural-anthropological version of switch in response to the belief that exact and collective grief, if now not expressed in mourning rituals, suffocates creativity.
- Blood-Drenched Altars: A Catholic Commentary on the History of Mexico
- Simple Ways to Pray: Spiritual Life in the Catholic Tradition (The Come & See Series)
- The Twelve Steps and the Sacraments: A Catholic Journey through Recovery
- Because He Was a German!: Cardinal Bea and the Origins of Roman Catholic Engagement in the Ecumenical Movement
- El Proyecto Magdala: Un descubrimiento del siglo I para el hombre del tercer milenio (Spanish Edition)
Extra resources for Christianity 101: A Textbook of Catholic Theology
Christianity 101: A Textbook of Catholic Theology by Gregory C. Higgins